Minecraft Versions discussion

DemiGodInsanity

Best Minecraft Version?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite minecraft version?

• i like roblox better anyway

Why is 1.6 not an option?

I started on version 0.30, the classic web version, and played all the way up to 1.6.4. Every single one of those versions were great until Notch signed off to Microsoft which made Minecraft take a heavy turn in terms of development. They started throwing in RPG style content into the game and even as Notch said himself, it's not the natural user-friendly casual game that it used to be.

I personally think that after the enderdragon came out, Minecraft was redefined and players would then play and create a world to just kill the enderdragon and that would be really the end of their world save. Before that, you'd just build hours upon hours to make a great house and whatnot but again; ever since these RPG elements were added to the game players lost the sense of freedom and now just work towards completing certain goals in the game.

14 hours ago, Skully said:

Why is 1.6 not an option?

I started on version 0.30, the classic web version, and played all the way up to 1.6.4. Every single one of those versions were great until Notch signed off to Microsoft which made Minecraft take a heavy turn in terms of development. They started throwing in RPG style content into the game and even as Notch said himself, it's not the natural user-friendly casual game that it used to be.

eh the microsoft buyout only happened after 1.8 released so that's really not that valid an argument if u wanna vote for 1.6 i guess just do it through replies i guess i didnt really consider 1.6 and 1.7 as being that different

-somethingoriginalboi

54 minutes ago, DemiGodInsanity said:

eh the microsoft buyout only happened after 1.8 released so that's really not that valid an argument if u wanna vote for 1.6 i guess just do it through replies i guess i didnt really consider 1.6 and 1.7 as being that different

-somethingoriginalboi

I meant it in the manner that I played to 1.6.4 and all versions up to the point where Notch sold off were good boy my point is more than valid

Archived