Skyblock Economy Fix.

Mrp1

Agreement /Disagreement   

5 members have voted

1. 1. Is Point 1 Right and Should be done?

• Yeah
    • Nope
  2. 2. Is Point 2 Right and should be added?

• Yeah
    • Nope
  3. 3. Is point 3 right and should be added?

• Yeah
    • Nope
  4. 4. Is Point 4 Right and should be added?

• Yeah
    • Nope
  5. 5. Is Point 5 Right and Should be added?

• Yeah
    • Nope
  6. 6. Is Point 6 right and should be added?

• Yeah
    • Nope

Hey Guys, Mrp1 here.

Here's a small little post made for the suggestions for fixing the Economy of Skyblock.

The Economy of Skyblock is Kind of to Entirely broken.

The main reason of that is -

WITCHES DROPPING RARE KEYS.

Here are suggestions-

1. Do not make any mob drop too rare or expensive of items.

This highly refers to the point, Witches drop rare keys.

We need to stop this because the whole economy of the server starts to revolve around the same thing.

Everyone is almost always just busy in getting money JUST FROM KEYS. Everyone is making JUST WITCH farms and the whole server just trades keys, builds witch farm and that's it, THERE IS NO VARIETY!  Fixes for this problem will also be listed down below later in this post.

This will be a problem if any mob drops any rare thing like keys.

--------------------------------------

2. Make Spawners Faster. 

Hey! Listen to me before you say, " DO YOU KNOW ABOUT LAG NOOB STUPID MRP1!"

By faster I mean equal to the default minecraft spawner speed

Lag is caused by spawners in this way: (In My knowledge)

( I am not sure about some points that they are possible)

Too many spawns from spawners causing lag - This should be fixed with the "Mob stacking" rule in the server, just increase the max amount of mob stacking.

I want to cover something else too,

Make the stack of mobs die at once and their loot dropping at once. - People might say, "That will cause even more lag as more entities will be on floor" but, here comes the part I was talking that I'm not too sure this is possible. 

As you might know, as per vanilla minecraft, items of same type on floor stack together, to around 1 stack per entity (not sure)

Well we can use this feature and increase the amount of stacking per entity to around 3-4 Times.

Also BTW this point was told because too many mobs dying at once cause ton of lag.

There is/are more point(s) referring to decrease lag from faster spawners.

-----------------------------------

3. All types of mob drops' sell prices should be increased (By a BIT)

As mentioned earlier,  THERE IS NO VARIETY.

This is one of the main points of fixing the economy.

Make all the types of mob drops like Ender Pearls, Gunpowder, Arrows, Bones, String, Gold (from Pigmen) , Rotten Flesh, Blaze Rods etc. need their sell prices to be increased.

This will be the main point of earning money in Skyblock, Make different types of farms and sell the drops for money.

This introduces more variety as People will build mob farms of different mobs.

----------------------------------

4. Making Mob Spawners more expensive.

This rule is to compensate the effect of Point 2, making spawners faster.

Due to the fact spawners will work fast, why not increase the prices of spawners.

-----------------------------------

5. Balancing the sell prices of mob drops to their spawner's buy price

This is quite obvious and self explanatory.

Because there will be tons of different spawners to be used, it will be boring if all things are equal.

We should make some mob drops with higher sell prices than others but their spawners should be much more expensive.

So people try to collect money with cheaper mob farms to buy better mob spawners.

Short Example- Like Gunpowder from Creeper spawners should sell for 200$ per piece (not actual prices btw), and Ender pearls from Endermen should sell for 500$ per piece, but creeper spawners should cost just 600K$ and Endermen Spawners should cost 1.3M$ something. Player will make creeper farms to collect enough money to make an endermen farm, which will earn them more money.

But none of the mob drops should sell for too much in comparison to the others otherwise those will become just like witches. 

---------------------------------

6. Sell Prices should be increased for other types of farm-able items

This is kinda like the mob spawner point, just with farm-able things.

People can say against all my points by saying, " WE CAN MAKE CACTUS FARMS TOO NUB!'

but, its not really the best when a stupid thing like witch dropping rare keys is there.

Also ALWAYS people will say cactus farms, where's Sugarcane, Melon, Pumpkins etc. farms?

that's the point of Point.6, All farmables should get their sell price increased, Plus, These items should have even more sell price than cactus because cactus farms are easy to make, but others aren't.

We need to do redstone and go into some farm mechanics to farm these things.

--------------------------------------------------------------

7. Keys should be available in /shop 

Because witch will stop dropping keys(according to this point 1), we need another way to get keys, just buy them from /shop! They shouldn't be too expensive but NOT cheap. 

--------------------------------------------------

If this is going to be added, skyblock should have a reset. 

Thanks!

-Mrp1

Wow, a well-crafted suggestion with many insights. 

I would have to agree that the economy in SB is extremely skewed towards rare keys. This is largely due to the relatively decent drop rate of rare keys from witches coupled with the extremely profitable loot from rare keys. In order to bring variety into the server, I have to concur that adjustments should be made to the other types of spawners to make it more a viable alternative to witch spawners. Recent changes in prices to witch and iron golem spawners are a step in the positive direction and, in my opinion, the prices of the other spawner types should be re-looked at. However, I do not think that the prices of all types of mob loot should be increased, but rather evaluated and adjusted carefully. 

In order to increase the types of farm-able items, I believe that consistent and reliable redstone is a must. Currently, redstone is extremely fickle and inconsistent. For example, sticky pistons do not pull the block back and pistons occasionally "disappear" when activated.  I am sure that when redstone has been resolved in the server, there will slowly be an influx of innovative farm designs. 

On a sidenote, it is a bit disheartening to see how SB has slowly transformed to a mode whereby the player that afks the most will be the richest. I believe that more has to be done to enliven the atmosphere and environment. A possible approach would be to rework the challenges (/challenges) to include more unique rewards. Small minigames or activities such as Spleef or Building Competitions could potentially be held every now and then.

Hopefully this would help in making SB more interesting :3 Thanks for reading!

-yihern

A lot of effort was put into this post. Wow.

I don't play as much skyblock but I do see your point in most of these, and well the fact that the richest players are the ones who just afk doesn't seem appealing in the slightest. 

More variety would be interesting, as far as I have seen when people ask for spawners it's always the word "Witch"

Wonderful suggestion on your part

All I can say is that, this whole suggetion should be dedicated and should be focused on. Since the whole server just focus on 1 thing which are the witch spawners. 

For the balancing of the sell prices of mob drops. I think its mostly players whole deciding on those prices since haven't you noticed that rare keys were like 20-40k 5 months ago and nowadays its 200k per stack. This goes to show how the server is getting more OP.

11 hours ago, yihern said:

Wow, a well-crafted suggestion with many insights. 

I would have to agree that the economy in SB is extremely skewed towards rare keys. This is largely due to the relatively decent drop rate of rare keys from witches coupled with the extremely profitable loot from rare keys. In order to bring variety into the server, I have to concur that adjustments should be made to the other types of spawners to make it more a viable alternative to witch spawners. Recent changes in prices to witch and iron golem spawners are a step in the positive direction and, in my opinion, the prices of the other spawner types should be re-looked at. However, I do not think that the prices of all types of mob loot should be increased, but rather evaluated and adjusted carefully. 

In order to increase the types of farm-able items, I believe that consistent and reliable redstone is a must. Currently, redstone is extremely fickle and inconsistent. For example, sticky pistons do not pull the block back and pistons occasionally "disappear" when activated.  I am sure that when redstone has been resolved in the server, there will slowly be an influx of innovative farm designs. 

On a sidenote, it is a bit disheartening to see how SB has slowly transformed to a mode whereby the player that afks the most will be the richest. I believe that more has to be done to enliven the atmosphere and environment. A possible approach would be to rework the challenges (/challenges) to include more unique rewards. Small minigames or activities such as Spleef or Building Competitions could potentially be held every now and then.

Hopefully this would help in making SB more interesting :3 Thanks for reading!

-yihern

Thanks Alot for your opinions! 

There's just one thing I'd Like to say, The mob drop prices should be increased because with the current sell prices, adjusting them slightly won't work, as I said, making different mob farms and selling their drops should be our economy, we need to get a high sell price to sell them so players can actually make some money from it. 

-Mrp1

• 3 weeks later...

Archived