A discord feature.

arvidghost

Welp i have an idea about multi-language channels for people. Idea came from a discord channel i am in.

People could volunteer as a other language translator for creating language specific channels like spanish chat, italian chat, german chat, russian chat, portugese-brazilian chat, asian chat (which have Japanese,chinese,taiwan,korean and the other ones).

1. They can get language specific roles which have the permission to their language specific channels and the roles can be obtained via bot commands (multiple language roles can be obtained if you speak more then 1 language).

2. This can be a feature on minecraft chat too where you can switch between different language chats similar to spanish chat.

3. To get these chat permissions on minecraft you can link a language bot on discord with the bot plugin which is installed on minecraft.

4. People can apply as a "Language moderator" who is responsible for controling their specific language channels on minecraft or discord. When an announcement would be broadcasted publicly the language moderators can translate the English announcement message into their own language that they are assigned to.

Welp this might be a big thing to be added and needs people who speak fluently their language and can accurately translate things.

A very great idea to add to the server. I have seen a lot of players get muted left and right after joining for those who aren't talking in English.
Some aren't listening, maybe due to not understanding English very well or doesn't really know that it isn't allowed to talk in other language in the main chat. Therefore making their gameplay and communication to others gets hindered by it which ends in them quitting the server or straight up doesn't like the server because of it.
Some of the young people playing here doesn't really follow the rules and play by their own, well mostly young people some adult do what they want do.

So, +1 aswell.

This would require the moderation and addition of a ton of language staff teams, seeing as we've had support for spanish players for a long time now and have still yet to obtain a spanish staff member, I highly doubt we will have any luck with any other languages.

A spanish section on Discord already exists which is available for spanish players, at this time we don't have enough players that speak another foreign language which would prompt support for that language - and if we do see demand for another language, we will create support for it such as Discord and in-game chats.

For now, we will stick with English and Spanish. Players are issued warnings before they are muted, so there is no foul play in terms of preventing communication in other language forms, they are free to do so over private messages.

Archived