Muted by Maglit on Prison

yihern

Hi I am here to appeal my mute on Prison by Maglit.

I would like to raise in question Maglit's decision to mute me for 24 hours without any prior warnings. He muted me for having an inappropriate nickname, which at that time was "Cunninglingus".

I acknowledge that I might have been in the wrong, but he should have raised a warning to me and gave me a chance to change my nickname before proceeding with the mute. Therefore, I feel that his actions are unjustified owing to the fact that I was not given an opportunity to amend my wrongs.

It is with this, that I suggest a code of conduct for staff members be set-up and be made explicitly clear on how a staff member should proceed if a certain player violates the rules. This would create a more standardized system where rule violators are not meted out punishments according to the staff member's whim and fancy. This code of conduct for staff members should be made known to the public player base, so that players will know when any staff member abuses their power.

Thank you.

Hiya.

The internal regulations currently enforced on our staff members is to issue punishments that they feel are necessary and this is held at their own personal discretion. We trust our staff members to be able to handle issuing them as according to their own judgement and we've always operated like this. It's the simplest way to give control to our team and works effectively.

Generally though a staff member should issue a warning prior to taking action especially for a situation like this. Were you issued a warning to your knowledge prior to being muted?

I stated when you asked me if I knew what your name meant that if it was something negative that you would be muted for it. When I looked it up it did indeed translate to something bad. You asked me if I knew what it meant which makes me run to believe that you were trying to push me to look it up and see what it means. I did warn you, my warning was when I told you to tell me what it means, but you didn't do it ingame and instead made me look it up. So I told you that if I look it up and it was something with a negative or sexual context that you would be punished for it, and therefore since it was I sent out the punishment. Your warning was sent appropriately throughout the conversation. I believe this mute is perfectly valid.

@Skully

Archived