More World Edit Perms for totem

InsertSalt

I feel as though a lot of people that are building are asking for admins to copy and paste a item and that the admins could be doing something better than helping them with that. Also i think you should give Totems access to undo and redo since it is annoying for you to accidentally click somewhere wrong and erase an entire thing or get too many blocks. So i think totems should get the following world edit commands/perms

• //undo
  • //redo
  • //copy
  • //paste
  •  //walls

Feel free to comment and tell me what you think?

EDIT: And maybe //rotate

The WorldEdit system we have implemented now is a completely custom one since the publically available WorldEdit has a ton of issues and bugs with it that can be abused.

We currently have the basics of WorldEdit available at the moment and its available to Totem players, we do indeed plan to expand the range of commands available with WorldEdit, such as allowing some of the commands you have listed.

Copy and pasting however may not be introduced because this can easily be abused and there are too many factors that come into consideration when a player is copying/pasting:

• Does the player have permission to copy/paste the area they're attempting to?
  • Does it contain items/furnaces/chests/hoppers or other storage items we shouldn't copy over to prevent item duping?
  • Does the region contain a selection of blocks that when copied/pasted, will lag the server?
  • And a ton of other factors.

Because it's too broad of a situation to allow players the ability to copy/paste, it is highly unlikely it will ever be given to players.

//undo, //redo, //stack and //walls however is definitely something we plan on adding at some stage, though WorldEdit isn't a huge priority at the moment since its more of a luxury feature, we're trying to crack down on removing existing bugs first.

tl;dr Already planned for future, however no copy/pasting right now.

Archived