Prison + Skyblock

Nuwr

Dear Ultranetwork,

I feel this whole RU thing should be a mute-able offense. It is boarder line begging to sit there and copy paste the same text “BUYING RU 1.5Q MEMBER>COAL” for example or when these people are in your pm’s begging for it as well.Yes I know I can’t turn my pms off. But that won’t do anything but disable my ability to message others privately. I know most wont feel the same as I do on the subject but I feel this whole RankUp ( RU ) thing should be only allowed on the forums and discord general chat. Not in server chat.

Kind regards,

Nuwr

I can understand the situation, this can be also count as spamming too.

I think its ok for them to say but only once a few minutes or hours. But if they keep asking the same person to RU him then I think its count as begging.

Hopefully you can accept what I say.

PS: thx for giving me a slot in pmine. I think my rent is over now.

It can be quite annoying, but it still complies to the rules and it isn't mutable. The server is the most common platform where a player can find a deal to do a trade for items in the store. If you find a person begging constantly for a RU whether in pms or in server chat, then it is punishable because it is repetitive and considered spamming. In this case, you can always report to a staff member and the player will be punished.

However, if there is someone in chat that posts once in a while that they would like to RU to Iron for 3.5Q etc.  and you don't prefer to see those messages, you can always /ignore that person. You don't have to entirely disable your pms. I would also like to say that as a staff member, people do come to be often and ask if I am willing to do a irl trade. Players who are big donors or have staff positions get this question frequently, and all I can do is politely decline. 

It would be unfair to completely rule out those who are looking for a genuine trade because not many players check forums and discord, and these players are not scamming either, as they are offering a valuable amount of goods in exchange for a rank. 

I don't remember if the UltraNetwork discord used to have a trade/advertising channel, I believe they did but I may be mistaken. That probably could be a good idea to implement that in discord, to lessen the worry of having to advertise in-game.

On the other hand, I do agree it is very frustrating because players will constantly ask you and other donors for rankupgrades and it is unfortunate most players will be targeting donors to do trades. I do partially agree with your idea, but I'm also considering the perspectives of those who are looking for a trade and those who are recieving requests as well.

15 minutes ago, Terra said:

It can be quite annoying, but it still complies to the rules and it isn't mutable. The server is the most common platform where a player can find a deal to do a trade for items in the store. If you find a person begging constantly for a RU whether in pms or in server chat, then it is punishable because it is repetitive and considered spamming. In this case, you can always report to a staff member and the player will be punished.

However, if there is someone in chat that posts once in a while that they would like to RU to Iron for 3.5Q etc.  and you don't prefer to see those messages, you can always /ignore that person. You don't have to entirely disable your pms. I would also like to say that as a staff member, people do come to be often and ask if I am willing to do a irl trade. Players who are big donors or have staff positions get this question frequently, and all I can do is politely decline. 

It would be unfair to completely rule out those who are looking for a genuine trade because not many players check forums and discord, and these players are not scamming either, as they are offering a valuable amount of goods in exchange for a rank. 

I don't remember if the UltraNetwork discord used to have a trade/advertising channel, I believe they did but I may be mistaken. That probably could be a good idea to implement that in discord, to lessen the worry of having to advertise in-game.

On the other hand, I do agree it is very frustrating because players will constantly ask you and other donors for rankupgrades and it is unfortunate most players will be targeting donors to do trades. I do partially agree with your idea, but I'm also considering the perspectives of those who are looking for a trade and those who are recieving requests as well.

So you are saying if someone asks me more than once in a span of let’s say 5-10 minutes I’m allowed to report them for begging? I thought about reporting them for asking over and over but I don’t want to get banned for false reporting. 

Thanks,

Nuwr

23 minutes ago, Nuwr said:

So you are saying if someone asks me more than once in a span of let’s say 5-10 minutes I’m allowed to report them for begging? I thought about reporting them for asking over and over but I don’t want to get banned for false reporting. 

Thanks,

Nuwr

If they ask you more than once or keep asking after you have declined their offer then it is considered begging because they are purposely spamming you even if you have given a response. Therefore, you can report them for begging. 

Also, if you have any screenshots of players begging for trades, you can always send them to any staff or me in discord (Terra#0862)

Regards, 

Terra.

Archived