[Prison] Mine Resetting Improved [WIP]

LucidDreams_

I'm not sure how plausible this is, or if this will have a negative impact on the server in terms of client-side lag issues or tps lag, but through playing for the few days I have, I have realised that especially during peak periods in each timezone, there are always multiple requests in chat of people asking for a mine reset, especially in the higher up ranks such as omega and up. Especially with half the player base either having explosion 150 or the alternative excavation 3, mines get torn up in seconds. This is especially evident in Angel mine where most people spend time to gather up money to either rank up to the angel rank in the succeeding prestige, or they stay in the mine to gain money for irl trades or the purchasing of in-game items, such as keys, pickaxes or rare items.

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before in the forums, but if it hasn't I think this suggestion should be seriously considered.

Sincerely, LucidDreams_

16 minutes ago, arvidghost said:

Dead can copy the mines and add a second warp called for example /warp Angel2 or smth like that.

But idk if he will do that.

Ps. Pmines are a thing 😜

I doubt that a 2nd warp would be made, there was a hologram made in warp rogue where it stated that there wasn't different warps for the numbered ranks so as to reduce the total number of warps there would be on the server. 

As for pmines, pmines all have a set limit of slots for each pmine and are mostly taken up by the more famous donators who're friends with one another. Even if pmines were the solution to this issue, there would have to be enough slots for people to buy for each pmine bought by a player, however, running a server is very essentially similar to running a business, they need funds to run it, and by increasing the total number of slots per pmine, it may make them have a decrease in the total amount of pmine sales due to it being easily rent-able by players.

2 minutes ago, Star_WarsFan said:

Dead should probably increase the amount of resets a mine can have after only 10 percent of the mine is left.

And also most times when ppl ask for resets and I see the mine it seems like it is just filled with holes and is still mainly full.

Yup, but the thing is, with the custom pickaxe enchants such as explosion and excavation, It is extremely hard to have a mine where blocks are broken in a way that makes it easy for players to access after a while due to the large radius of each respective enchant. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your suggestion, I plan on revamping the mines (Rogue and above) to make it so the mine reset faster but are also bigger - there are currently a total of 186 mines including plotmines though over the next weeks I plan on re-working the mine resetting system

• Add mine resetting queue
    • When multiple mines are resetting around the same time (or at the same time) they are added to a queue so only a certain amount of mines can be resetted at a time
  • Change the percentage reset system so mines reset more frequently
  • Increase the size of mines
  • Remove inactive plotmines
  • (not related) Change the blocks in the mines so they are not all quartz block
  • DeadMaster changed the title to [Prison] Mine Resetting Improved [WIP]

Archived