[Survival Server] Possible Survival Additions

yihern

logo_forums.png

SERVER SUGGESTION

What platform is this suggestion for?: Survival Server

Description

After playing on the survival server for a while, I have realized that many players get bored easily after building most of their farms. As such, I hope to suggest some possible things that could be implemented to make the server more vibrant.

1. Custom Mob Heads

This is a datapack from Vanilla Tweaks which I've observed many other survival servers adding. Basically, there's a chance of a mob dropping it's own head whenever you kill it. These mob heads could be used aesthetically to make buildings come alive or they could give players a goal to collect as many heads as possible.

2. Armour Statues

Another datapack from Vanilla Tweaks, this gives players more options to play with armour stands. This would also help in detailing various builds. However I'm not sure if this could cause lag if players were to incorporate a large number of armour stands into their builds. 

3. Custom Weekly Competitions

There could be weekly competitions on various ingame tasks such as catching the most number of fishes, eating the most number of cake slices... etc.  The player who managed to do the task the most number of times within the span of a week could possibly be awarded some ingame money.  This could help to give players who are feeling bored some goals to work towards.

The following are some miscellaneous suggestions that could help improve the quality of gameplay in survival.

1. Reduce the number of players that need to sleep in order to skip the night

I understand that currently 10 players are needed to skip the night. However, I feel that it is almost impossible to convince so many people to sleep especially during periods where there are only 20-ish people on the server, and of the few players online, some could be afk.  Reducing the number to 5 players needed to sleep would be much nicer. (The exact number can be decided by Dead/Skully)

2. Prevent players from leaving your claim

Currently, there is an option to prevent players from entering your claim, but it would also be nice if there's an option to prevent them from leaving. This is to prevent players from leaving your claim and setting a home directly outside your land. This is not meant to create a form of tp trapping/killing but more of a way to ensure your land's surrounding is free from other players' homes, especially for individuals who prefer to live alone. 

3. Prevent players from killing any hostile mobs within your land

While killing of passive mobs by outsiders can be disabled in your land options, it would also be nice if outsiders are not allowed to hurt or kill hostile mobs within your land. Various farms/mechanisms rely on hostile mobs to work (such as a zombie/pillager in an iron farm).  As of now, players can attack mobs in a claimed area, thereby disabling and destroying the farm. 

Thank you for reading my suggestions. :)