[Survival Server] Bug Report

yihern

logo_forums.png

BUG REPORT

In-Game Name: yihern

What is the bug related to?: Survival Server

Briefly explain the bug/issue:

Pigmen are not spawning naturally in nether portals.
I have built a bunch of nether portals together hoping to build an overworld portal gold farm (pic here), but it seems that none are spawning. I'm not sure if this is intended or a bug (maybe this is intended together with the random teleporting when going through nether portals?). 

For reference, zombie pigmen should spawn naturally in portals in vanilla minecraft, (video1, video2) and many people have made farms out of this mechanic. From the minecraft wiki page on zombie pigmen

" When a nether portal block in the Overworld receives a block tick, there is a chance of 1⁄2000 (0.05%) on Easy, 1⁄1000 (0.1%) on Normal and 3⁄2000 (0.15%) on Hard for it to spawn a zombified piglin. " 

I'm hoping that maybe this issue could be fixed if it is unintended as it would allow players to make overworld gold farms. (If I recall, gold farms above the nether roof are not allowed here?) Maybe it would be possible to still allow the random tp while going through a portal and enabling natural pigmen spawning. 

Thanks for reading.