[Web Store] Rank Upgrades

Panchoud

logo_forums.png

SERVER SUGGESTION

What platform is this suggestion for?: Web Store

Description

I would like to see a an update on rank upgrades. 

1. The cost should be fixed or made more proportional. Most people aren’t able to afford to buy Netherite out right but rank upgrading each time makes the net cost way more. 

2. People should be able to rank upgrade to the desired rank from the current one without having to upgrade to each one individually in a sequence. For example Lapis to Emerald as opposed to Lapis to Redstone then Diamond then Emerald.

Thanks

Pan94

Hello Panchoud,

1. The cost should be fixed or made more proportional. Most people aren’t able to afford to buy Netherite out right but rank upgrading each time makes the net cost way more. 

This is the whole point. If you are not able to purchase Netherite right away, the server gives you an opportunity to do so in minor steps. Now, the total amount of money required if you go rank by rank from Coal to Netherite is roughly $304 whereas the Netherite rank itself is roughly $200 which means the price increase is about 50%. In my opinion this is completely fine since you can go from Coal to Netherite slowly over a period of months or even years if you prefer to do so. It is logical, at least to me, to have an increase in price when going step by step.

Now, this:

2. People should be able to rank upgrade to the desired rank from the current one without having to upgrade to each one individually in a sequence. For example Lapis to Emerald as opposed to Lapis to Redstone then Diamond then Emerald.

This is essentially senseless to me as it is pretty much exactly the same thing as your first suggestion, except now you are not saying 'make the in-between costs proportional' but 'let me buy rank upgrades when the price is finally proportional'. The difference in price of Lapis($21.29) and Emerald($49.99) is $28.7, whereas going Lapis > Redstone > Diamond > Emerald is $38.22. That is <50% increase of the price that your suggestion would bring which, I will say it again, to me makes perfect sense since you are able to upgrade over longer periods of time.

Now, to conclude this reply. The Coal>Netherite price being 304$ means that if you span it over 24 months, assuming that you will stay for 24 months if you are already investing money into the server, totals up do $12.67 a month (essentially the price of Netflix premium plan). This is only for Netherite though, for any other rank, such as Totem, the montly price is significantly lower($9.54 for Totem).

Keeping all of this in mind, personally, I must disagree with your suggestion.

It seems more like a punishment or a penalty for not being able to buy the max rank just out right. I believe that it is okay to slowly rank up over time and it also costing more but it 50% more is a significant additional cost. 

Also with going up multiple ranks at once, the additional cost should be less. 

Also its a convenience factor too. Instead of one transaction at a time to rank up, it would be done in one go to the desired rank.

If I had $200 I would love to outright buy Netherite instead I am being penalized to slowly rankup with increments that are affordable. 

i would like to see that surcharge down to 20-25% 

Edited by Panchoud

The purpose of ranks costing more through rank upgrades exists to create incentive to purchase them directly rather than going through upgrades, it also allows for a more gradual increase through ranks over any period of time since ranks are permanent - this is a simply a sales factor and will not be adjusted, if you do not want to spend that much money on a rank upgrade because you feel it is not worth it then it is solely up to you.

Otherwise, the points that @TickleMyPickle pretty much sum up the rest of it.