[Survival Server] /rename

michaeltepper

logo_forums.png

SERVER SUGGESTION

What platform is this suggestion for?: Survival Server

Description

I was thinking about how great /rename is but I also see how overpowered it can be at the same time so I was thinking that what if we could use /rename but It costs 20-30 levels of experience to use the command. I personally would use the command because I like to give my items color for fun and to make custom Nice looking renamed items for others on the server

I do hope you consider my offer I'm excited to hear back from you in the near future. 

-michaeltepper

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2020 at 8:47 PM, TickleMyPickle said:

Hello mich!

Although I like your suggestion and enjoy colour-coded items myself, I believe changes like these ruin the vanilla feel of survival. Maybe it is just me. I just feel like this would damage the vibe of the server.

Kind Regards,

TickleMyPickle

i'd love that too. But the plot is,

This is a survival server. It was created on the basis of keeping it Vanilla - friendly! I don't think that would be a good implementation on the name of pure Minecraft. And also, as we already know, the server has been made so that almost everything is not related to p2w. And I am pretty sure /rename would also be a command only ranked players could use.

So these are my suggestions.

-Jeff

I think this would be a good suggestion, but perhaps make the price of doing such a command more expensive. For example it could possible cost 50 exp levels or maybe like $1000 to execute the command.

On 8/22/2020 at 10:42 PM, MehNameIsJeff said:

And I am pretty sure /rename would also be a command only ranked players could use.

The command could possibly be made available to everyone in order not to make things p2w. However, I believe it doesn't matter even if only ranked players can use the command as it is simply a cosmetic/aesthetic command and does not limit any aspect of survival gameplay. 

In response to earlier comments that this is meant to be a vanilla server and as such /rename shouldn't be allowed, I think we all know by now this is not a completely vanilla server. Mcmmo and /shop clearly shows that the server isn't completely vanilla but are implemented to make survival gameplay more enjoyable. As such, I think /rename would also serve to make the survival experience more fun. 

On 8/11/2020 at 11:17 PM, TickleMyPickle said:

Hello mich!

Although I like your suggestion and enjoy colour-coded items myself, I believe changes like these ruin the vanilla feel of survival. Maybe it is just me. I just feel like this would damage the vibe of the server.

Kind Regards,

TickleMyPickle

Yes, I also think that /rename would ruin the vanilla feel of survival. Maybe they can use an anvil and add the color-codes.

• 1 month later...