[Survival Server] /home buff for F2P and low ranks

TickleMyPickle

logo_forums.png

SERVER SUGGESTION

What platform is this suggestion for?: Survival Server

Description

INTRODUCTION

Greetings fellow players!

I am writing this suggestion in order to support F2P (free to play) players and players who do not have the possibility to buy a rank.

Over the past few days I have talked to multiple players and reached out for numerous different opinions on this topic and I believe I am finally able to formulate a valid suggestion. I am currently a void rank with access to 11 homes. That is an incredible number, but it never seems to be enough, so I can only imagine how F2P players feel. Homes are not just important for overworld. Since End was just introduced, non-ranked players are having the most terrible of times reaching The End and returning back to it. The only way they could do it easily is either claim around a Stronghold, which is not really nice, or have a home next to the portal, effectively leaving them without an available home. However, his change is not meant for Member exclusively. My suggestion would positively affect all ranks up until Lapis. Here is a list of ranks and how many homes each rank gets:

• Member - 1
  • Coal - 2
  • Iron - 3
  • Gold - 4
  • Lapis - 6
  • Redstone - 7
  • Diamond - 8
  • Emerald - 9
  • Bedrock - 10
  • Void - 11
  • Ender - 12
  • Elytra - 13
  • Totem - 14
  • Netherite - 15

During my research for this ticket I found an interesting thing worth noting that I colour-coded in the list above. First of all, after purchasing a rank in-game, the player receives additional homes (along with other benefits). It starts with Coal, which gets 2 homes. The following is Iron with 3, then Gold with 4. However, when transitioning from Gold to Lapis, the number of homes goes from 4 to 6. There is no rank with 5 homes. Having noticed that, I immediately came to an idea.

CORE OF THE SUGGESTION

My suggestion is that all ranks below Lapis (including Member), receive a positive change in the number of homes. That way, members will have 2 homes, which allows them to rise up more easily and leaves a lot more maneuverability room for them to enjoy Survival to its fullest. After the change, the list of ranks would look like this:

• Member - 2
  • Coal - 3
  • Iron - 4
  • Gold - 5
  • Lapis - 6
  • Redstone - 7
  • Diamond - 8
  • Emerald - 9
  • Bedrock - 10
  • Void - 11
  • Ender - 12
  • Elytra - 13
  • Totem - 14
  • Netherite - 15

Of course, one could argue that this way nobody is left with only 1 home, but in my opinion, that is amazing. If this change was to be implemented, this would affect ranks below Lapis in a positive and uplifting way as well as getting rid of the "5 home gap".

CONCLUSION

I believe that this is quite a good change due to the fact that it does not negatively affect any player. It only has positive outcomes for a specific group of players, as well as increasing the initiative for Members to purchase ranks from the UN store, as it provides an ever so slight bonus of 1 home for all ranks up until Lapis. Thank you to everyone who read this suggestion. If you liked it please react to it to show your support for my idea.

Kind Regards, your friend and fellow player

TickleMyPickle

Edited by TickleMyPickle
Extra info
10 minutes ago, TickleMyPickle said:

logo_forums.png

SERVER SUGGESTION

What platform is this suggestion for?: Survival Server

Description

INTRODUCTION

Greetings fellow players!

I am writing this suggestion in order to support F2P (free to play) players and players who do not have the possibility to buy a rank.

Over the past few days I have talked to multiple players and reached out for numerous different opinions on this topic and I believe I am finally able to formulate a valid suggestion. I am currently a void rank with access to 11 homes. That is an incredible number, but it never seems to be enough, so I can only imagine how F2P players feel. Homes are not just important for overworld. Since End was just introduced, non-ranked players are having the most terrible of times reaching The End and returning back to it. The only way they could do it easily is either claim around a Stronghold, which is not really nice, or have a home next to the portal, effectively leaving them without an available home. However, his change is not meant for Member exclusively. My suggestion would positively affect all ranks up until Lapis. Here is a list of ranks and how many homes each rank gets:

• Member - 1
  • Coal - 2
  • Iron - 3
  • Gold - 4
  • Lapis - 6
  • Redstone - 7
  • Diamond - 8
  • Emerald - 9
  • Bedrock - 10
  • Void - 11
  • Ender - 12
  • Elytra - 13
  • Totem - 14
  • Netherite - 15

During my research for this ticket I found an interesting thing worth noting that I colour-coded in the list above. First of all, after purchasing a rank in-game, the player receives additional homes (along with other benefits). It starts with Coal, which gets 2 homes. The following is Iron with 3, then Gold with 4. However, when transitioning from Gold to Lapis, the number of homes goes from 4 to 6. There is no rank with 5 homes. Having noticed that, I immediately came to an idea.

CORE OF THE SUGGESTION

My suggestion is that all ranks below Lapis (including Member), receive a positive change in the number of homes. That way, members will have 2 homes, which allows them to rise up more easily and leaves a lot more maneuverability room for them to enjoy Survival to its fullest. After the change, the list of ranks would look like this:

• Member - 2
  • Coal - 3
  • Iron - 4
  • Gold - 5
  • Lapis - 6
  • Redstone - 7
  • Diamond - 8
  • Emerald - 9
  • Bedrock - 10
  • Void - 11
  • Ender - 12
  • Elytra - 13
  • Totem - 14
  • Netherite - 15

Of course, one could argue that this way nobody is left with only 1 home, but in my opinion, that is amazing. If this change was to be implemented, this would affect ranks below Lapis in a positive and uplifting way as well as getting rid of the "5 home gap".

CONCLUSION

I believe that this is quite a good change due to the fact that it does not negatively affect any player. It only has positive outcomes for a specific group of players, as well as increasing the initiative for Members to purchase ranks from the UN store, as it provides an ever so slight bonus of 1 home for all ranks up until Lapis. Thank you to everyone who read this suggestion. If you liked it please react to it to show your support for my idea.

Kind Regards, your friend and fellow player

TickleMyPickle

Very good idea.

Just checked the file for the homes and it appears to be this:

default: 2
  coal: 3
  iron: 4
  gold: 5
  lapis: 6
  redstone: 7
  diamond: 8
  emerald: 9
  bedrock: 10
  void: 11
  ender: 12
  elytra: 13
  totem: 14
  netherite: 15

Although it appears that the default rank had a issue with it, which should be resolved now :)
Thanks