[Survival Server] Update ideas

lukas9446

logo_forums.png

SERVER SUGGESTION

What platform is this suggestion for?: Survival Server

Description

Hello, my name is Lukas. I am currently #4 on /l top (with 1 not really active teammate), #3 on /mctop and #7 on /topplaytime. I have a couple of suggestion that I believe would improve certain aspects of the game/server. I hope you like them.

1) Mission sets

A lot of people that join the server for the first time leave almost immediatly. I believe this is mostly caused by them not knowing what to do or how to play the game. I suggest you add what Id like to call 'mission sets'.

A missions set is a couple of missions in a certain order that -when executed- will learn, or force people to learn how a certain aspect of the game works.

Some examples: 

'Mining missions set'
 1) - Mine 3 stone
    - Craft a stone pickaxe
 2) - Mine 3 iron ore
    - Craft an iron pickaxe
 3) - Mine 32 iron ore
    - Mine 16 gold ore
    - Mine 8 diamond ore

'Beacon mission set'
 1) - Smelt 5 sand
    - Mine 3 obsidian
 2) - Mine 4 soul sand
    - Collect 3 wither skeleton skulls
 3) - Spawn the wither
    - Kill the wither
    - Craft a beacon

There are a lot of possibilities for mission sets: all mcmmo skills (mining, herbalism, swords, archery, ...), all structures or fight (raid, wither, dragon, sea temple, mansion, ...), other game aspects (trading, enchanting, brewing, ...), custom additions (/vote, /sell, /l claim, ...), ...

The idea is to add enough mission sets to keep new players entertained long enough for them to start enjoying the game longer term.

2) Improve /missions

There are only 3 ways for the total economy to go up: /vote, /daily and /missions, and all of them are limited. I am suggesting to make 1 of these unlimited, and since that is impossible for /vote and /daily, it would have to be /missions.

My suggestion is simple: Once you complete a missions, you instantly receive a new one.

I know you are trying to prevent the economy from breaking, but I feel like the rewards for completing missions are too low to impact the economy in a negative way. I believe unlimited missions would be a good way for beginning players to gather a starters balance.

3) End event

Basically, you do an end event every week/month where you spawn like 5 dragons at the same time. I just think this would be a cool event to participate in.

4) Land Warps

Building a nice base is key for long-term survival players. When you dislike your base, the chances you'll quit the game are higher. By adding the opportunity for people to show off their base to others you can use this to improve the average motivation to play the game, as well as player interaction and possibly create a new competitive scene (for nicest base).

Land warps would works the same way as island warps do in skyblock.

I don't know if putting the /l spawn setting to enabled for visitors would work, but even if it does I dont feel like it would be an intended feature and it wouldnt give the same effects as the ones I think will occur by adding these land warps.

5) Sell shops

Right now the only passive way to gain money from other players is /shop, and the limit of 6 trades along with overpricers flooding it make this feature really underwhelming. I believe that allowing people to build shops like this would be a better alternative for passive trades.

These sell shops would work the same way they do now in skyblock.

This feature comes in combination with the land warps, allowing people to build shops in their base that is accesible to everyone through a land warp.

I agree this feature will absorb all passive trading activity, however I believe /shop can find a new purpose in active trades. (Passive trades = Putting up trades until someone finds and buys them, active trades = putting up a trade after you agreed on it thrugh the chat).

6) Duels

I am not a big fan of PvP myself, so my reasoning might not be correct sometimes.

I think wars is a great feature for people who are into PvP, but I think that setting up balances wars with multiple players is difficult: multiple participants from both sides must be available and the gear and PvP skills have to be somewhat equal. I feel like its hard to put together a war that is fair and fun for both sides. Therefore, I suggest a less difficult PvP feature: Duels.

In duels the participants will fight out a 1v1 until 1 person dies. Details like keepinventory, potions/gapples/...-limits can be determined before the fight.

Bonus idea: Allow duels to determine the result of wars.

What do you guys think of these ideas? Leave a reaction to let the owners know if you like these features or not.

Have a nice day!

Here are some links to other suggestions I made/support:
 - Claim chunks: https://forums.ultranetwork.net/topic/15795-survival-server-claim-chunks/
 - Reverse /shop: https://forums.ultranetwork.net/topic/15782-survival-server-reverse-shop/ 

- Sethomes: https://forums.ultranetwork.net/topic/15734-survival-server-spawners/
 - Sethomes (better version): https://forums.ultranetwork.net/topic/15807-survival-server-home-buff-for-f2p-and-low-ranks/
 - Skyblock: https://forums.ultranetwork.net/topic/15571-skyblock-server-huge-update-ideas/

Edited by lukas9446
On 8/11/2020 at 4:08 PM, lukas9446 said:

1) Mission sets

A lot of people that join the server for the first time leave almost immediatly. I believe this is mostly caused by them not knowing what to do or how to play the game. I suggest you add what Id like to call 'mission sets'.

A missions set is a couple of missions in a certain order that -when executed- will learn, or force people to learn how a certain aspect of the game works.

This is a great suggestion, I would personally like to merge this point with the point you made in Article "2) Improve /missions"

It would be an interesting idea to have a "Main Questline" for players to complete, after which they swap to the current missions system.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) End event

Basically, you do an end event every week/month where you spawn like 5 dragons at the same time. I just think this would be a cool event to participate in.

This seems quite empty, there is nothing to just summoning in 5 dragons. Also, the server is kept as vanilla as possible so events in general do not really make sense.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4) Land Warps

Building a nice base is key for long-term survival players. When you dislike your base, the chances you'll quit the game are higher. By adding the opportunity for people to show off their base to others you can use this to improve the average motivation to play the game, as well as player interaction and possibly create a new competitive scene (for nicest base).

Land warps would works the same way as island warps do in skyblock.

I don't know if putting the /l spawn setting to enabled for visitors would work, but even if it does I dont feel like it would be an intended feature and it wouldnt give the same effects as the ones I think will occur by adding these land warps.

Personally, I do not think this is a good idea because it is important to keep the feeling of Survival among players. If u were able to teleport to other bases, it would damage the integrity of Survival. If you want to visit someones base you can always teleport to the player via the /tpa command.

5) Sell shops

Right now the only passive way to gain money from other players is /shop, and the limit of 6 trades along with overpricers flooding it make this feature really underwhelming. I believe that allowing people to build shops like this would be a better alternative for passive trades.

These sell shops would work the same way they do now in skyblock.

This feature comes in combination with the land warps, allowing people to build shops in their base that is accesible to everyone through a land warp.

I agree this feature will absorb all passive trading activity, however I believe /shop can find a new purpose in active trades. (Passive trades = Putting up trades until someone finds and buys them, active trades = putting up a trade after you agreed on it thrugh the chat).

I do not agree with this input either. Again, You mention Skyblock. It is imporant to note that this is Survival, not Factions or Skyblock. In my personal opinion, /shop command is good enough. Items in Survival are not meant to be as simple to access as warping to someones base and purchasing what you need.

6) Duels

I am not a big fan of PvP myself, so my reasoning might not be correct sometimes.

I think wars is a great feature for people who are into PvP, but I think that setting up balances wars with multiple players is difficult: multiple participants from both sides must be available and the gear and PvP skills have to be somewhat equal. I feel like its hard to put together a war that is fair and fun for both sides. Therefore, I suggest a less difficult PvP feature: Duels.

In duels the participants will fight out a 1v1 until 1 person dies. Details like keepinventory, potions/gapples/...-limits can be determined before the fight.

Bonus idea: Allow duels to determine the result of wars.

This suggestion, however, I do like. I like it very much. Especially the "Bonus idea" part. It would also be amazing if people could duel for fun in a separate arena to test their might and equipment!

Hopefully you learned a bit more from my insight. I would like to note that all of these are my personal opinions and do not have to be correct in any way, shape or form.

Kind Regards,

TickleMyPickle

Edited by TickleMyPickle
Extra info