[Survival Server] Claim chunks

lukas9446

logo_forums.png

SERVER SUGGESTION

What platform is this suggestion for?: Survival Server

Description

There was a thread a couple of days ago with a request to add some forms of compensation for non-ranked people for not having sethomes. Besides that thereis 1 more OP perks for having a rank: more claims.

Right now there is only 1 way to improve your number of claims as a member: playtime (max 6 extra chunks). However, there are a lot of members with this low number of chunks that deserve more claim chunks. There are plenty of ways to measure whether people deserve more claims or not:

- Playtime, but for exponentially larger amounts (for example, another 6 extra chunks per DAY of playtime)
 - McMmo Level (for example, 1 extra chunks for every 500 levels)
 - For money (you can buy extra claim chunks for a growing amount of money)

I have 275k balance + 3k mcmmo levels + 3,5 days of playtime, but I only have 12 chunks to work with. I think me and other non-rank players with similar stats deserve more claim chunks.

What do you guys think?

I agree, not that it should just be for non-ranked though.
We all have time invested on the network.
I have donated  and even with the extra chunks
I find myself squeezing everything into the allotted
chunks I have access to.
I like the idea of being able to purchase, play time or
MMCMO for more space.
I know we can go Up/Down but that is not the same 
as building-out, farming, livestock raising and everything 
else involved with Survival.

Can you please entertain the idea of more chunk availability?

Hi! I would actually agree that currently, there are simply insufficient claim chunks for avid players and especially players without ranks. A maximum of 10 chunks for an individual player without ranks is very very small and this really limits them from being adventurous and building big and fanciful structures. As of now, in order to attempt a huge building project without the worry of getting griefed,  you would need a ton of members with ranks to provide you with additional claim chunks. 

On 8/10/2020 at 11:17 PM, lukas9446 said:

- Playtime, but for exponentially larger amounts (for example, another 6 extra chunks per DAY of playtime)
 - McMmo Level (for example, 1 extra chunks for every 500 levels)
 - For money (you can buy extra claim chunks for a growing amount of money)

I'd agree with the suggestions proposed here as it rewards players for their activity and hardwork on the server. This also ensures that newer players cannot abuse the system to gain additional claim chunks without investing a reasonable amount of time into the server. 

Hey lukas!

I do agree that members need more chunks, but not in the way you suggested. Instead of Members gaining personal extra chunks, it would possibly be a good idea to grant your land with extra chunks, just like players with certain ranks grant upon joining a land.

E.g. Players grant +1 max chunk claims to his/her land per every 55 hours of playtime

That way, if you have a friend who has 55 hours of playtime and they join your land, you get another chunk claim from them. I disagree with the idea of gaining chunks through mcmmo or money. Reason being that it is too easy to grind/obtain.

1 hour ago, TickleMyPickle said:

I do agree that members need more chunks, but not in the way you suggested. Instead of Members gaining personal extra chunks, it would possibly be a good idea to grant your land with extra chunks, just like players with certain ranks grant upon joining a land.

Adding it to land is what I meant to say. I didnt formulate this clearly because I am only part of my own land.

And the suggestions to give more claims for mcmmo and money we're just suggestions for possible alternative ways to gain more chunks, for me it doesnt need to be those specifically as long as you choose a fair alternative.

• 1 month later...