[Skyblock Server] Item Advertise

Najt

logo_forums.png

SERVER SUGGESTION

What platform is this suggestion for?: Skyblock Server

Description

I honestly wish the server had as little advertising and spam as possible. Because everyone started using [item] to advertise their islands. I honestly think this should be removed or punished for the reason that there is too much spam. Some know how to put 3-4 lines of text on an item and then when used in chat it takes its place. The [item] function is to show people what they use and what they have, not to advertise all day.Everything in the chat is cluttered with colors, names, etc .. Well, I honestly think it's unnecessary to even advertise via [item] because it's really not nice to see a lot of text.

Best regards, 

Najt

for ex. Take a stick rename it into "Come to my warp. /is warp name / diamond, gold, emeraldshop/xp farm & iron, etc.." 

Its annoying to see text with 50 characters without reason. 

They add item plugin for other reason not to advertise a island.

• 2 weeks later...

If we tell players to stop advertising through [item], they will simply start just sending it as a normal chat message instead which would do nothing but increase the text on screen because then their tags and custom name is displayed.

We allow this because it encourages players to trade, however any form of begging is not allowed and is punishable, you can report a player doing so with /report.

As much as I also agree with the fact that it does add unnecessary spam in the chat, it will always exist because it is the main form of communication players have with each other and the only way they can start trades or advertise their shop.