Nerf of multipliers (for ranked/bundle players)

GnuffleDK

Hey

I have recently started playing again, and realized my ender and platinum rank have close to no benefits anymore. I don't mind the game being more competitive and fair for free to play players and newcomers, but something I don't understand is the multiplier. At the moment multipliers of ranks and bundles doesn't stack, which is acceptable I would say. but the prestige multiplier doesn't stack either, which is kinda too much imo? So no matter what you do you can't surpass a 0,5 multiplier.

To put it into perspective:

• Titanium bundle (multi 0,2) 80 USD
  • Elytra rank (multi 0,3) 109 USD
  • F2P prestige 3 (multi 0,3) 0 USD
  • Totem rank (multi 0,4) 160 USD
  • Platinum bundle (multi 0,5) 98 USD

The bundle and rank kits are worthless since you can just level up the pickaxe to a overall maximum of 500 accessable for everyone. 

Which brings me to my next point:

Totem rank is worthless, if the only benefit is better sell prices, which I see it as atm. The multiplier is 0,1 better than f2p players, which is nothing really. I can't see any other benefits of the rank than those two arguments, and I don't see that costing 160 usd. The kit is useless when any given pickaxe can be upgraded to the same maximum. 

Summary:

As I see it atm, there's no actual reason to spend money on the server since you can achieve everything with F2P, once you have earned your first 100t you should be able to rent in on a totem mine, and then have the same sell prices, and with prestige 3 you have the same multiplier as elytra ranked players. Which is nuts?

My goal with this post wasn't to cry and make you boost p2w players benefits. but to give it a little advantage of actually investing in your server. At the moment I don't see the benefit. If you rent a pmine, then you should be settled.  Anyways I don't see any benefits actually off being higher ranked than member at the current state. Multipliers is where I see you granting irl spenders a benefit the easiest. 

Here to finish of my post I would like to say, I like the idea of granting a pickaxe multiplier for those whos most productive, and I think that's completely fair, but I feel like the prestige multiplier should stack with ranks and bundles to grant the people who have supported the server some kind of benefit. Its too much of a f2p server atm. 

Hope you understand what I mean with this post, else I can try and explain in a different way.

- GnuffleDK 

Discord: GnuffleDK#3117

Yeap! I agree with what you said in your post about how there is little incentive to get higher ranks. Other than the cosmetics perks and possibly perms to use worldedit in the future, an additional boost could go a long way in drawing more people to spend on the server. 

At the moment, I believe that Dead is currently tweaking the prices and multipliers to ensure that the economy in prison doesn't get ruined too quickly as that was what happened in the previous season, resulting in many players losing interest quickly. 

A possible alternative to increasing multipliers could be to provide ranked players with a default token multiplier or even a higher probability of finding keys while mining. 

Overall, great post and hopefully Dead will consider the suggestions! :) 

Thanks for the feedback yihern, your idea with tokens or keys sounds good too, the point is just that there has to be a better benefit, and I'm glad to see you agreed with that point. 

Afterall p2w players is the ones keeping a server running, and that should be granted something

A different solution could be to simply lower the prices of buycraft items, to match the actual benefits, atm its mainly cosmetics you purchase things for, and something like a fifth of the current prices seems more reasonable without any actual gameplay benefits. Especially the bundles like titanium and bronze. Those are fairly worthless atm

Look at this for example:

Titanium bundle costs 80 USD

What it grants:

Those prices are determined on the price of just buying it from the store.

• Monthly 285 pickaxe (fairly worthless)
  • Titanium tag (cool I guess)
  • Small pmine (15 USD
  • Coal rank voucher (4,29 USD)
  • 200 common keys (192 = 3,27 USD)
  • 64 legendary keys (2,49 USD)
  • 1 Ultra key (7,29 USD)
  • 1 UltraV2 key (8,49 USD)
  • 1 TokenV2 key (7,49 USD) - (pretty worth, max amount obtainable is 100k tokens
  • 0,2 multiplier (worthless since prestige 3 grants 0,3 and doesn't stack)

So to conclude of actual content in this bundle you receive:

A small pmine and a coal rank voucher worth about 19 USD. 

Lottery items (keys) worth 29 USD. (Keys realistically isn't worth buying when 100k tokens is the max amount for a 7,49 USD key, why would anyone buy a token key and potentially get 10k-100k tokens, when they can just do one irl for coal>iron and get like 1Q, which btw is cheaper than 1 token key)

Bundles should be worth buying, and this bundle shouldn't cost much above 35-40 USD imo. when you look at the content. 

- GnuffleDk

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your input, apologies for the late reply, we have been monitoring this thread and taking into consideration the feedback displayed.

On 1/27/2020 at 5:37 PM, GnuffleDK said:

As I see it atm, there's no actual reason to spend money on the server since you can achieve everything with F2P, once you have earned your first 100t you should be able to rent in on a totem mine, and then have the same sell prices, and with prestige 3 you have the same multiplier as elytra ranked players. Which is nuts?

This appears to be the basis of the whole topic, and to sum it up we have moved away from a P2W orientation, everything obtainable on the server can now be more easily accessed and obtained by players who play without paying, allowing for more balanced gameplay and ensuring that the server economy doesn't get bloated and excessive as quickly.

On 1/28/2020 at 6:21 AM, yihern said:

At the moment, I believe that Dead is currently tweaking the prices and multipliers to ensure that the economy in prison doesn't get ruined too quickly as that was what happened in the previous season, resulting in many players losing interest quickly. 

This sums it all up. 👍

On 1/28/2020 at 5:33 PM, GnuffleDK said:

Look at this for example:
Titanium bundle costs 80 USD

What it grants:
Those prices are determined on the price of just buying it from the store.

• Monthly 285 pickaxe (fairly worthless)
  • Titanium tag (cool I guess)
  • Small pmine (15 USD
  • Coal rank voucher (4,29 USD)
  • 200 common keys (192 = 3,27 USD)
  • 64 legendary keys (2,49 USD)
  • 1 Ultra key (7,29 USD)
  • 1 UltraV2 key (8,49 USD)
  • 1 TokenV2 key (7,49 USD) - (pretty worth, max amount obtainable is 100k tokens
  • 0,2 multiplier (worthless since prestige 3 grants 0,3 and doesn't stack)

So to conclude of actual content in this bundle you receive:

A small pmine and a coal rank voucher worth about 19 USD. 

Lottery items (keys) worth 29 USD. (Keys realistically isn't worth buying when 100k tokens is the max amount for a 7,49 USD key, why would anyone buy a token key and potentially get 10k-100k tokens, when they can just do one irl for coal>iron and get like 1Q, which btw is cheaper than 1 token key)

Bundles should be worth buying, and this bundle shouldn't cost much above 35-40 USD imo. when you look at the content. 

You have completely taken out of consideration the biggest factor to the Titanium Bundle, which is the Diamond Rank currently priced at $42.49, which is where this bundle gets most of its price range from, however I can understand where you're coming from with the rest of items and their advantages. I have reduced the price of the Titanium Bundle to match the contents value to match the economy at its current state.

Store packages exist only to give paying players a shortcut and advantage to progress quicker, however free to play players can easily obtain the same contents, obviously with the drawback of just having to play a little longer.

Archived