[DENIED] Co owner on Prison Plots

ItsBondie

Hey everyone!!

I would love to announce a new suggestion, Co owner on a plot.

I will list some basic things a co owner could or could not do:

• The co owner can /deny people from the plot.
  • The co owner can /add people to the plot (they will only be able to build when the co owner/owner is online)
  • The co owner can /trust people. 
  • The co owner can NOT /merge plots.
  • The co owner can NOT do /plot delete nor /plot confirm.

By this, the co owner takes half of the responsibilities in their hands. This could help players with a plot mine if they're offline and they have a so called "manager" on their mines.

I would love to see this suggestion take place in prison, let me know what you think.

-Jen

Hello Jenny!

What a great suggestion you have thought of, I like the suggestion of having someone manage your plot whenever the owner is away. That is very handy to have for various reasons. I would like to have it added.

Although, there's something that I don't like. And as you said, people who have their plot mines. Other people managing their own plot is quite risky and may end up terrible. Now, I know the owner of the plot will only add someone as co-owner if they're trusted right? But people are people. What if they had a fight? They could hold a grudge and frame them for adding too many players on the plot mine as to their player limit to the plot mine and they can get reported for that, and they could end up getting their plot mines removed. Permanently. And vice versa, if this is added, the co-owner can be punished harshly.

I know am I seeing this in a negative way, but I am merely just saying my opinions on the matter.

3 minutes ago, Darrel said:

Hello Jenny!

What a great suggestion you have thought of, I like the suggestion of having someone manage your plot whenever the owner is away. That is very handy to have for various reasons. I would like to have it added.

Although, there's something that I don't like. And as you said, people who have their plot mines. Other people managing their own plot is quite risky and may end up terrible. Now, I know the owner of the plot will only add someone as co-owner if they're trusted right? But people are people. What if they had a fight? They could hold a grudge and frame them for adding too many players on the plot mine as to their player limit to the plot mine and they can get reported for that, and they could end up getting their plot mines removed. Permanently. And vice versa, if this is added, the co-owner can be punished harshly.

I know am I seeing this in a negative way, but I am merely just saying my opinions on the matter.

I see what you mean here, maybe add a notification system for the owner of the plot, for example it will show the changes that the co owner has made while the owner has been offline. It could probably solve a lot of issues through that. Besides that point, what if they miss the notifications? Maybe get an auto generated Book and Quill in the owner's inventory that stated the changes of the plot while the owner was away.

7 minutes ago, Jen said:

I see what you mean here, maybe add a notification system for the owner of the plot, for example it will show the changes that the co owner has made while the owner has been offline. It could probably solve a lot of issues through that. Besides that point, what if they miss the notifications? Maybe get an auto generated Book and Quill in the owner's inventory that stated the changes of the plot while the owner was away.

Oh, now that works fine with me. Though book & quill is removed from the server now I think, you can't get them or craft them anymore due to some reasons. So we have to rely on the notifications then.

On 6/15/2019 at 8:14 AM, Jen said:

Hey everyone!!

I would love to announce a new suggestion, Co owner on a plot.

I will list some basic things a co owner could or could not do:

• The co owner can /deny people from the plot.
  • The co owner can /add people to the plot (they will only be able to build when the co owner/owner is online)
  • The co owner can /trust people. 
  • The co owner can NOT /merge plots.
  • The co owner can NOT do /plot delete nor /plot confirm.

By this, the co owner takes half of the responsibilities in their hands. This could help players with a plot mine if they're offline and they have a so called "manager" on their mines.

I would love to see this suggestion take place in prison, let me know what you think.

-Jen

Hello Jen,

I would like to say that your suggestion is great, but there is something to think about. In plots, you can already invite people to your plot. So, there is no need for a "Co-owner". Though, we could add some permissions you can give to the people you invite. A GUI that can be accessed using /plot permission would be a great example. I really do love your suggestion though. 👍

Kind Regards, Khosraw

PS:IDK why I am making this look like a letter.

1 minute ago, KhosrawYT said:

Hello Jen,

I would like to say that your suggestion is great, but there is something to think about. In plots, you can already invite people to your plot. So, there is no need for a "Co-owner". Though, we could add some permissions you can give to the people you invite. A GUI that can be accessed using /plot permission would be a great example. I really do love your suggestion though. 👍

Kind Regards, Khosraw

PS:IDK why I am making this look like a letter.

Hi Khosraw,

I know what you're thinking about, I personally want to see some extra permissions we could give certain members.

7 minutes ago, Jen said:

Hi Khosraw,

I know what you're thinking about, I personally want to see some extra permissions we could give certain members.

Yes, that is true, and I want the same. I have seen suggestions like this before, though it is good to think about how this would change plots and would it have a positive effect or not. 

• 1 month later...
  • Skully changed the title to [REVIEW] Co owner on Prison Plots
  • 2 weeks later...

Plots plugin doesn't appear to support multi-plot ownership, the only way to make two people own a plot is by merging two plots together.

Unfortunately the plugin cannot be configured as such and would require a whole custom plot system to be remade to support this feature, going to have to deny for the sole reason that it cannot be implemented.

• Skully changed the title to [DENIED] Co owner on Prison Plots

Archived