Reputation System

ItzSamme

On another server I used to play on they had /rep [Name] + or - and if you had a good reputation you got some priveliges and was obviously well known and people trusted you more when doing trades with you and if you didnt have good pretty much nobody did trades with you since people used it for trading mostly. But I think it would be a nice touch in the UN community and maybe have a competition of who has the most reputation everytime you choose the winners of Top Voters etc.

This suggestion is great in my opinion, for example, you'd need a total of 12 hours playtime to vote reputation to others.

In this way you can build up your reputation and become the most loved player on the server, I like the idea!
Love to see it added.

-Jen

On 9/28/2019 at 12:11 PM, ItzSamme said:

On another server I used to play on they had /rep [Name] + or - and if you had a good reputation you got some priveliges and was obviously well known and people trusted you more when doing trades with you and if you didnt have good pretty much nobody did trades with you since people used it for trading mostly. But I think it would be a nice touch in the UN community and maybe have a competition of who has the most reputation everytime you choose the winners of Top Voters etc.

Great idea. This way there would be less scams on the server & there would be something that encourages people to not scam,

Maybe like a privilege to do a trade broadcast in the server once per hour that it says in chat

Trade Broadcast

Name of Trader: SnowBowman
Current Reputation: 50
What is he giving? Coal Rank Voucher

What does he want for it? Open for offers

Do /trade SnowBowman accept to start the trade with him.

(Of course only once per hour or something like that)

But, why i don't see this being good:

Someone could possibly join in with alts and give him +'s in reputation.

People can do -'s for no reason and then no one would trade with him so he couldn't get +'s

People can do -'s for no reason and then no one would trade with him so he couldn't get +'s

This is where this comes into play:

This suggestion is great in my opinion, for example, you'd need a total of 12 hours playtime to vote reputation to others.

2 hours ago, SnowBowman said:

Great idea. This way there would be less scams on the server & there would be something that encourages people to not scam,

Maybe like a privilege to do a trade broadcast in the server once per hour that it says in chat

Trade Broadcast

Name of Trader: SnowBowman
Current Reputation: 50
What is he giving? Coal Rank Voucher

What does he want for it? Open for offers

Do /trade SnowBowman accept to start the trade with him.

(Of course only once per hour or something like that)

As you said the other server had the problem of people doing -s randomly. Me and my friends usually did it to eachother for "fun" but with the alts, maybe you could have somethnig checking for alts and if its an alt you can't +s the person with the same IP? idrk...

5 hours ago, ItzSamme said:

As you said the other server had the problem of people doing -s randomly. Me and my friends usually did it to eachother for "fun" but with the alts, maybe you could have somethnig checking for alts and if its an alt you can't +s the person with the same IP? idrk...

maybe i guess? But it would be then like a once per IP, and that would make problems cause of brothers logging in with the same IP with different accounts or something like that.

On 10/5/2019 at 6:52 PM, Skully said:

Would be a great way to identify players with a good reputation of selling/trading and prevent scams.

But what would you do with random -'s and +'s?

Edit: im asking you cause your a Server Owner so you should know what to do.

On 10/8/2019 at 2:02 PM, SnowBowman said:

But what would you do with random -'s and +'s?

Edit: im asking you cause your a Server Owner so you should know what to do.

The purpose of the reputation system is to allow players to become trusted which results in less potential scams taking place because players will eventually learn to only trade with users who have a high reputation level.

However whilst this is a good idea, the problem that we get using this is that players can abuse this quite easily and get their reputation built up by simply asking other players to give them a positive reputation through the means of trading reputations, selling/buying reps, etc. and this completely defeats the purpose of having it since players will simply build up a large reputation count through abuse and it won't be genuine.

1 hour ago, Skully said:

The purpose of the reputation system is to allow players to become trusted which results in less potential scams taking place because players will eventually learn to only trade with users who have a high reputation level.

However whilst this is a good idea, the problem that we get using this is that players can abuse this quite easily and get their reputation built up by simply asking other players to give them a positive reputation through the means of trading reputations, selling/buying reps, etc. and this completely defeats the purpose of having it since players will simply build up a large reputation count through abuse and it won't be genuine.

Totally agreed.

So wouldn't asking for reputation result in the server rule 11.0 which states that you aren't allowed to ask someone for items repetitively, that way there isn't that wide of people with false amounts and people with true amounts in the reputation system. Also if you include something that limits how someone sends their Rep points to 1 per IP ( or whatever you choose) is a good way to limit the amount of reps that will be going around. As Jen said:

On 9/28/2019 at 5:14 AM, Jen said:

This will limit the players by making players have 12hrs of Play Time or more to make sure that there won't be that much of an abuse with the system. And if you also if you want, you could limit the amount of reputation a player can give a day. I would recommend 1-3 reps a day, but this isn't my server so yeah... And there might be disadvantages that are obvious but I is a dumb child so I might not know. 

On 10/14/2019 at 5:19 PM, ProfLazy said:

So wouldn't asking for reputation result in the server rule 11.0 which states that you aren't allowed to ask someone for items repetitively, that way there isn't that wide of people with false amounts and people with true amounts in the reputation system. Also if you include something that limits how someone sends their Rep points to 1 per IP ( or whatever you choose) is a good way to limit the amount of reps that will be going around. As Jen said:

This will limit the players by making players have 12hrs of Play Time or more to make sure that there won't be that much of an abuse with the system. And if you also if you want, you could limit the amount of reputation a player can give a day. I would recommend 1-3 reps a day, but this isn't my server so yeah... And there might be disadvantages that are obvious but I is a dumb child so I might not know. 

Or just make it so each player can give 1 rep + or - to each player

On 10/14/2019 at 4:19 PM, ProfLazy said:

On 10/15/2019 at 5:49 PM, ItzSamme said:

Or just make it so each player can give 1 rep + or - to each player

This still doesn't get rid of the issue that players will just ask others to rep them in exchange for money or other items, thus creating false reputation for players who can then scam as normal.

Whilst this is a great idea, it does have its flaws and ultimately I don't think it would make too much of a difference to reduce scams.

Suggestion denied.

Archived