Possible additions to the server

yihern

As I've noticed, the servers are fun at the beginning of each new season but players tend to comment that they're bored after a few weeks or months of grinding and playing. So I thought it would be nice to add a few new features to keep things engaging for everyone and some features to improve the overall quality of playing.

1. Give a reward/prize to players who top the season's leaderboards

A prize like a coupon to use on the server shop or custom tag would be nice to motivate players to grind and compete against one another. In skyblock, the leader or members of the top islands could possibly have a special reward to recognize their efforts and time spent on the server. In Prison, the player with the most blocks mined that season or the player with the largest balance could also be rewarded accordingly. 

Alternatively, the server could utilize the leaderboards warp to showcase the commendable efforts of players who topped the leaderboards in preceding seasons of Prison and Skyblock.

2. Add monthly build competitions in Prison

A theme could be selected every month and players would then have to build according to the theme in an allocated amount of space (1 plot size or maybe within a fixed dimension of 30x30). The winning build could be determined by players' votes and then be used as the location of /warp plots in Prison. Of course this is accompanied with measures in place to prevent players from exploiting the votes.

3. Add custom heads to Prison.

I believe there is a plugin called "Head Database" that contains heads of common and interesting objects like food items and the such. This would make building in Prison plots so much better as we would then be able to diversify and decorate our builds with much more detail. 

4.  Miscellaneous stuff

- Make it such that players can put flowers/saplings into flower pots in /lc

- Allow players to use /p middle to make it easier to align builds 

That's all I have for my suggestions, thanks for reading them! :D 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/30/2019 at 8:11 PM, yihern said:

1. Give a reward/prize to players who top the season's leaderboards

A prize like a coupon to use on the server shop or custom tag would be nice to motivate players to grind and compete against one another. In skyblock, the leader or members of the top islands could possibly have a special reward to recognize their efforts and time spent on the server. In Prison, the player with the most blocks mined that season or the player with the largest balance could also be rewarded accordingly. 

Alternatively, the server could utilize the leaderboards warp to showcase the commendable efforts of players who topped the leaderboards in preceding seasons of Prison and Skyblock.

Weekly/season rewards are planned to be added soon

2. Add monthly build competitions in Prison

A theme could be selected every month and players would then have to build according to the theme in an allocated amount of space (1 plot size or maybe within a fixed dimension of 30x30). The winning build could be determined by players' votes and then be used as the location of /warp plots in Prison. Of course this is accompanied with measures in place to prevent players from exploiting the votes.

Would be cool, but not worth time to fix all the exploits (And not to mention people complaining why they should have won...)

3. Add custom heads to Prison.

To badded to prison & Skyblock, thx

- Make it such that players can put flowers/saplings into flower pots in /lc

IIRC, it was exploitable but that was a long time ago. I'll see if I can fix the exploits since they aren't that complex now

- Allow players to use /p middle to make it easier to align builds 

To be added

Thanks for your suggestions!! :D 

Archived